We've sent you an email with a link to update your password.
Reset your password
We will send you an email to reset your password.
Health Gem of Himalaya
This little Health Gem of Himalaya is used by many traditions, and it's also one of the Chinese medicines.
It's originated from high altitude Himalaya, the superfood, Sea Buckthorn.
Sea Buckthorn may helps*:
1. Control blood pressure and blood triglycerides In one small study, 12 healthy men were given either 5 grams of sea buckthorn oil or coconut oil per day. After four weeks, the men in the sea buckthorn group had significantly lower markers of blood clots. In another study, taking 0.75 ml of sea buckthorn oil daily for 30 days helped reduce blood pressure levels in people with high blood pressure. Levels of triglycerides, as well as total and “bad” LDL cholesterol, also dropped in those who had high cholesterol.
2. Skin health and eczema Researchers believe that Sea buckthorn's anti inflammatory effect may stem from sea buckthorn’s omega-7 and omega-3 fat content. In a seven-week study in 11 young men, a mix of sea buckthorn oil and water applied directly to the skin promoted skin elasticity better than a placebo. There’s also some evidence that sea buckthorn oil may prevent skin dryness and help your skin heal from burns, frostbite and bedsores.
3. Liver Health That’s because it contains healthy fats, vitamin E and carotenoids, all of which may safeguard liver cells from damage.
In one study, sea buckthorn significantly improved markers of liver function in rats with liver damage.
In another study, people with cirrhosis (an advanced form of liver disease) were given 15 grams of sea buckthorn extract or a placebo three times per day for 6 months. Those in the sea buckthorn group increased their blood markers of liver function significantly more than those given a placebo.
4. Fight Cancer Compounds present in sea buckthorn may help fight cancer. These protective effects may be caused by the flavonoids and antioxidants in the Sea Buckthorn. For instance, sea buckthorn is rich in quercetin, a flavonoid which appears to help kill cancer cells. Sea buckthorn’s various antioxidants, including carotenoids and vitamin E, may also protect against this notorious disease.
5. Improve Immune system Sea buckthorn may help protect your body against infections. Experts attribute this effect, in large part, to the high flavonoid content of the fruit. Flavonoids are beneficial plant compounds which may strengthen your immune system by increasing resistance to illnesses. In one test-tube study, sea buckthorn prevented the growth of bacteria such as E. coli . In others, sea buckthorn offered protection against influenza, herpes and HIV viruses.
1 [Johansson, A.K., Korte, H., Yang, B., Stanley, J.C. and Kallio, H.P., 2000. Sea buckthorn berry oil inhibits platelet aggregation. The Journal of nutritional biochemistry, 11(10), pp.491-495.] 2 [Zielińska, A. and Nowak, I., 2017. Abundance of active ingredients in sea-buckthorn oil. Lipids in health and disease, 16(1), p.95.] 3 [Gao, Z.L., Gu, X.H., Cheng, F.T. and Jiang, F.H., 2003. Effect of sea buckthorn on liver fibrosis: a clinical study. World Journal of Gastroenterology: WJG, 9(7), p.1615.] 4 [Soares, C.N., Teodoro, A.J., Lotsch, P.F., Granjeiro, J.M. and Borojevic, R., 2015. Anticancer properties of carotenoids in prostate cancer. A review. Histology and histopathology, 30(10), pp.1143-1154.] 5 [2009 Inner Mongolia Medical Journal, 12] 6 https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/sea-buckthorn-oil#section4